Monday, October 20, 2008

Six Months

Pixie has been 6 months since the 10th, but I thought I'd give an update.
In this corner, Pixie. Weighing in at 16.5 lbs, 25 1/2 inches tall.
Okay, she's in the lightweight division, but I love my little compact baby!
6 months was the age that Scott and I were looking forward to for a long time. While she is adorable to play with and when she's happy it's great, but as you have seen from some of my last posts, her improving sleep habits, just like her toys now, have been tossed far away from her reach.
Last night after our long battle that ended at 9pm, I didn't hear from my baby, even when we went into bed at 11pm. I was thinking "yay! maybe the spell is broken and I'll have a fantastic tale to blog about!". I heard Pixie stirring at 11:30, but it sounded like she was trying to put herself back to sleep, something that has never happened before. So I held off until she started crying. I got up with her and she wouldn't go back to sleep. Even after I brought her in bed with us she just refused to nurse and wanted to play. We endured being poked in the face, kicked, and swiped for about 2 hours. AH! Later on that night Scott went out to sleep in the living room. Oh well, there's always the next night. I'm just glad I don't have to work and can take a nap with her if I want to.


My curious baby reaching for the camera strap.
Playing with Daddy's cords...


Happy Halloween! These are the pants we got in honor of Grandma Maridee.


The beautiful dress that Sam gave us. I love Baby Gap!


My pretty bald baby.


Ready to go on an outing with her first doll from Grandma Maridee.


Pears...a no go. From a jar anyway, we haven't tried fresh yet.

2 comments:

Kizzie said...

I hope she starts sleeping better for you soon!!!
And I LOVE that dress, so cute!

Rebecca Blevins said...

She's holding her mouth in an interesting way in the Halloween clothes picture!

Such a cute dress, and I love the look on her face when she tried peas!