Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Our Sleep Talking...and Walking

After Kizzie posted her story about Andy sleep talking, I thought I'd share our version!
I hear from Scott's family that he used to sleep walk and he said that his missionary companions told him that he would teach gospel lessons in Portuguese in his sleep on his mission.
There have been a few incidents recently. Sometimes I wake up to him talking and try to remember what he says the next morning or I wake up to find his arm in the air while his finger is poking his eye...he's probably dreaming about putting in his contacts. Many a night I wake up to put his arm down before it comes crashing on my face or Pixie's if she's in bed with us.
A while ago I awoke to find Scott out on the recliner, sleeping. Somehow he got it in his head that I didn't want him in bed and he went out in the living room to sleep. Only about 3 weeks ago I woke up to him getting out of bed again. I asked him where he was going and he bent down to look at my face in a weird way, so I knew he was asleep. The next thing he did was hilarious. He started to pet our headboard and look all around him. I asked him what he was doing and he said "looking for something". Of course I asked him what and I can't remember exactly what he said, maybe health or something, but I figured out from what he said that he was dreaming he was playing in one of his Xbox games.
Aren't sleep walking/talking husband funny? Unless you're my Mom. My Dad doesn't do it very often, but he did kick her repeatedly once while he was dreaming he was fighting someone.
My brother talked in his sleep for 45 minutes once when he was about 8 or 9. I awoke to him singing "Mary Had a Little Lamb" and my family all gathered around his bed listening to him. It was kind of creepy because he was having one sided conversations with people and singing. We finally had to wake him up when he started going after everyone's feet and was convinced my Mom was something from his dream.

2 comments:

Kizzie said...

Awesome stories! I seriously should start writing down whenever Andy talks and does weird things in his sleep, it would be a rally good read sometimes!

Rebecca Blevins said...

Hahahahaha. That's great! Scott is sure a weird one when he's asleep.