Thursday, October 6, 2011

Yet Another Surprise Funny of Pixie

As I was typing the last words of my last post, I heard the sound of Pixie singing behind the couch. This is nothing new, she sings anything and everything...which sometimes includes songs on the radio I am shocked she knows. Anyway, first, a little background.
Our living room looks like a Halloween tornado came through it. I had Scott bring up the boxes yesterday, hoping I would be able to set a few decorations out before mutual. It didn't happen. Pixie was so excited to see all of the holiday decor and costumes, that of course every item had to be spread out over the entire room. I have picked up random costumes over the last few years at thrift stores, etc. I've haphazardly put some things back into boxes until I get a small burst of energy to deal with it, and all the  many other things that need to be done.

So while I was posting my last post, I heard Pixie singing "I love you, you love me..." from behind the couch.
Now, I promise, she has only watched Barney one time. She usually tells me when it comes on after her other show, so I can turn it off. One time I was outside gardening and I missed the change of shows. It was too late. She was already singing along with every song they sang. Great.

I didn't think much of her singing, so I didn't pay much attention. That is, until she came out from behind the couch, looking like this........
...........
......... 


......

....



I then realized what she had been singing and what she was wearing. I burst into laughter harder than I remember having for a long time. She said a string of unassuming sentences that I cannot remember now, but they made me laugh even harder. Then she proceeded to point out the different points of the costume. "This is my brown tail. It's for my body."
I am so tickled that she has my sense of humor. She doesn't over-do it and has a pretty dry sense of humor for a 3 year old. I love it!

2 comments:

Mom's in the kitchen! said...

Oh my goodness, I don't think I laughed so much in a long time! What a hoot she is! I am so glad you are documenting so much in your blog...absolutely priceless! Thanks, honey!

Just Craptastic... said...

Oh! This is awesome! I dislike barney as well, but somehow Lyssa has seen some too. Your story made me laugh! Love her sense of humor too! What a sweetie!