Friday, May 20, 2011

Pixie's First Zoo Visit

 We hadn't been to the zoo since we were first married. We hadn't taken Pixie yet because she wasn't really old enough to enjoy it and....she was not a good crowd/no nap handler.
Now that she's 3 and knows a lot about animals, we thought it was the perfect time to go.
Scott had a day off of work the 9th, so we planned for it for over a month. Since he works weekends, a day off at home doesn't come around too often. 

We had just gone through a cold spell of weather, but this day it turned to a steamy 90 degrees out. It was great. I dawned on my silly straw hat to keep the burn off my face and neck.
They were doing some construction on the zoo, so my favorite funny animals (giraffes) weren't on display.

Here are some pictures from the day!


I love the polar bear exhibit!



So sweet...




Due to the construction, you had to walk forever to the overlook to see the elephants. They were kinda far away, but it's the thing Pixie talks about the most!


This peacock......


...totally dissed us.


I'm not a fan of monkeys, but this one was adorable. I caught his attention when he was overhead and he had to pop down to see who was there.


Sheep. The naughty one on the left stole some food out of our bag.


Back at the polar bear. He was doing back flips, off of the glass, in the water.






We took a trip to Cold Stone Creamery, then headed home.


Pixie took a nap in the car, then woke up and was pretending to be asleep.






I love this picture. My face and Pixie's expression. It's so goofy!

1 comment:

Mom's in the kitchen! said...

Looks like you all had a great time, especially Pixie! Lots of great pictures, especially the last one with some loonies staring down the camera! Hahaha! Love it! :)