Monday, May 2, 2011

My Birthday Weekend

 My 27th birthday was on Saturday. There is no denying I am on my way to 30 now!
There was a first birthday party for a niece of mine in our old town, and since Scott was there working anyway, Pixie and I spent the day there. 

I got a few big presents early this year. I bought myself a KitchenAid Stand Mixer and Scott got me a digital antenna, so we now get an awesome fistful of free tv stations.

We dropped Pixie off at Becca's house on Saturday, then went on a date. That's all I wanted for my birthday!
Scott took me to the local miniature golfing range. It was a lot of fun. He won of course, by three strokes, but I was the one that won a free game at the end. 







It was so nice going out without Pixie for a change. It had been months since we've had a date by ourselves, out of the home! We went to Chili's afterward. They are the only place around here that will substitute any of the burgers on their menu with black bean burgers. It was so good. I gave my compliments to pass onto whomever was on the grill. They really knew how to cook a veggie burger. It wasn't dried out like they can be, it was moist and delicious. I got the mushroom swiss burger and Scott got some kind of bbq one. I saved almost all of my fries for Pixie. I'm not a big fry person. 

We got to hang out with Scott's siblings for a while. That was really fun. His sister is getting married in 2 weeks, so I took her shopping and we did some wedding talk. 

All day Scott had been trying to find a tattoo and piercing parlor to get my ears pierced. I haven't had it done, but have been seriously thinking about it for the last year. I didn't want to take Pixie into one of those places, so we dropped her back off at Becca's and went to get it done, before we came back and ate raspberry cheesecake she had made me. 

We found a place that was open. I was really hesitant to go in, thinking I'd look like a dork for just wanting my ears pierced when they looked like bikers, but they thanked me for being educated enough to go to them and not to the mall. I did my research on it and piercing guns in a store or mall are not sanitary at all. Plus they shove the earring through your ear and that can cause more issues with healing. At a piercing parlor, they are sanitary. The gal I had had been doing it for 15 years and had a medical background. They wash their hands, put on gloves and open a sterile hollow needle that will take a piece of your skin out, not just shove something through it. And I got small hoops, not studs. I didn't want studs. 
I think it hurts more this way, but I'm glad I had it done the right way. I said I'd rather have blood drawn and I was right, it did seem to hurt more than that. The sound is horrible, but at least it's done now! I bled quite a bit. It was great.


I got to open some more presents (along with eat some cheesecake! Thank you, Becca!) and scored a laptop bag and socks...with rock climbing instruction passes tucked into them. Those were more gifts from Scott, of course! Mom and Becca gave me money for another year membership to Sam's Club, which is such an awesome gift!
Pixie and I finally got home a little after 10pm. I wish I could have spent more time with my sister and her family, but it was over 1 1/2 hours to get home. I took the small country roads too, which thankfully, I didn't meet any critters on.
I got home and got a package of goodies from my mom. It was a wonderful birthday!

Here are a few cute pictures I took of Pixie while we were waiting for Scott to pick us up to go to church yesterday morning. Look how old my Pixie is! She's such a little lady. I can't believe she's 3!



1 comment:

bewitchedsammy said...

Sounds like you had quite a fabulous birthday! I'm so glad - wish I could have been there with you to celebrate, but I'm glad it was such a great day regardless ;)