Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Two Years

Two Years!
Monday was our second anniversary.
I woke up to Scott gone and was a bit sad. I thought he might have gone to work on the lake house we're fixing up with Stephen, but he returned later and ended up not going because it was going to rain the entire day! Yay!
Scott brought me a dozen roses..they are so beautiful! He also made me breakfast.


I then went to work on making us an anniversary cake. I made the same recipe as our wedding cake was. White cake with raspberry filling and butter cream frosting. I didn't have enough raspberry jam, so I had to use wild blueberry on the top layer. It was still yummy!


I had to go close a Pampered Chef catalog show at 5 and I rushed home at 6:30 in time to get Pixie ready for her first extended amount of time without mommy or daddy with her. I've left her with Sam before for like 20 min, but that's all.
We dropped Pixie of at her Aunt Becca's house and went to Olive Garden for dinner. There was no wait (amazing!) and we had a great and yummy time!
Since we got in so fast, we called to see how Pixie was and then took a drive. It was so nice to talk about our two years together and what the next year will bring...possibly a new house, but we'll see.

Now let's take a trip down memory lane!

June 2nd, 2005
Nauvoo Illinois Temple

Reception that night.
Kidder Park, Kidder MO.

Our first dance. I love that dress! It was so beautiful. I haven't looked at it again since that day. It would make me sad that I'll never be a bride again! Plus, I for sure wouldn't fit in it now!

Our cake! My flowers were so pretty.

Off to start our life together!

So many things have happened in these two years that make it feel like forever! After our honeymoon in Florida, we had an awesome relaxing summer, got a dog, bought our house, made a few trips to Nauvoo, quit my job, we flew down to TX to buy a car. In the last year we went on a 9 day vacation with Sam and Danny to Florida/Bahamas, became pregnant, was terribly sick, Scott started his own business, I became a Pampered Chef consultant, we bought the lake house with Stephen and Micah to fix up for a vacation spot, Scott bought-fixed-and sold a house with Stephen, had a baby, Scott did the contracting on another house, Scott and Stephen bought a little restaurant near our lake house and leased it out. All this while Scott was going to school full time and still working his same job 3 overnights a week!!!!!!
I asked him if we could slow down this next year, but I don't know if that will happen!

No comments: