Thursday, May 15, 2008

My First Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day was pretty neat!
I woke up and hopped in the shower to get ready for church. Scott came home with flowers and dark chocolates for me. mmmm..I love the new Snickers Dark!

I decided to make myself a cake, after church. So we went to church where I got lots of Mother's Day wishes and a flowering plant. It was my first time staying with Pixie for the whole 3 hour block! I didn't have to spend too much time in the mother's lounge, but she was pretty done by the time Relief Society rolled around. Aren't we all? :) Actually, I enjoy it now!

We got home and as I walked in the door the phone was ringing. It was Scott's Dad with more Mother's Day wishes! I checked the messages after his call and I got one from Scott's Grandma Maridee and our friend, Danny! Then after that Sam called too. I felt SO special! ;)
I made us a really good chinese meal. I recently bought Scott a Presto Cool Daddy deep fryer and I threw some egg rolls in there, along with some curry cream cheese wontons I made. Yummy! All made possible by Scott holding Pixie for me. Then I went to work on making my cake while Scott napped. However, since his family was all in town, they were getting together at 4pm and he went over there while I was finishing my cake. At 4:45 I got a call from Scott saying that everyone was leaving at 5:30 and some of them hadn't seen Pixie yet. So, I covered my un-iced cake to rush over there when I heard "something" and "felt" something on my hand. After a diaper change and trying to get the stain out of Pixie's new dress I bought her the day before, I loaded her up and made it over there with 20 min. to spare!
After visiting, I decided to pick something up at my sister's house and she invited us to stay for a lasagna dinner. I couldn't pass that up!
By the time we got home I was so tired and we went to bed.
My cake didn't get made until Monday morning. However, it was so darn tasty that I didn't mind too much.

White cake with raspberry filling and butter cream frosting. This was my wedding cake too! Oh Yum!

No comments: