Saturday, January 24, 2009

Avocado Egg Rolls

When it rains, it pours. That is what it seems like with my blog posts! I have been meaning to post, but for one reason or another, haven't.
This is for you, Kizzie. Mostly because I know that Sam won't make them any time soon!
Do you remember the Avocado Egg Rolls at The Cheesecake Factory? Great times..
Well, I found a copycat recipe and...oh yum..
Feast your eyes on this..and then make some and feast for real!



Copycat Cheesecake Factory’s Avocado Egg Rolls

Dipping Sauce

Egg Rolls

· large avocado, peeled, pitted, & diced

· 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped

Directions

1. Stir together vinegars, tamarind, honey, and saffron in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 1 minute.
2. Stir until tamarind is dissolved.
3. In a blender, puree tamarind mixture, cashews, 2/3 cup cilantro, garlic, onions, sugar, pepper, and cumin.
4. Pour mixture into a bowl and stir in oil.
5. Refrigerate until ready to use.
6. Gently stir together avocado, tomatoes, onion, 1/2 teaspoon cilantro, and salt.
7. Distribute filling evenly onto center of each egg roll wrapper.
8. Position a wrapper so that a corner is pointing toward you; fold the bottom corner up, 1/4 of the way over the filling.
9. Brush remaining corners and edges of the wrapper with egg, roll up from side to side, fold top corner over all and press to seal.
10. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
11. Continue by deep-frying the egg rolls in 375 degree oil for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
12. Drain on brown paper bags.
13. Slice egg rolls diagonally across middle and serve with prepared dipping sauce!

4 comments:

Kizzie said...

Yum! I am totally going to make these.
My mouth is watering...mmm...

Rebecca Blevins said...

I want more RIGHT NOW!

Thanks for saving me one.

Unknown said...

Wow those look delish... Thanks for stoppin by and entering into our first blog candy at Creativity shared... Good luck
Korie

Cher said...

Thanks so much for posting my button! These look so yummy, wish I was better in the kitchen but I am more of a restaurant girl when it comes to anything other than the basics!