Saturday, June 13, 2009

Found a Way to Sleep Longer!!

So many moms I talk to have the same problem. Your babe gets up well before you are ready to wake up. Now that Pixie is 14 months old, I don't think it's unreasonable for her to sleep 12 hours at night. Heck, I know of 3 month olds that do the same thing!
She has been wanting to take two naps during the day still, but that was really cutting into her night sleep. So I have switched her myself and it seems to be working.
I had an epiphany last night and tried it out. After Pixie fell asleep at night and before I retire to my bed, I sneaked in there and put a sippy cup filled with water in the corner of her crib.
This morning I heard her wake up, then there was silence, so I went back to sleep. I woke up after 8am wide awake with probably more sleep than I needed. I thought she would be awake, so I went in her room. Nope, she fell back to sleep and she slept until 9am! I guess she just woke up thirsty. This is so great that I'm going to try it again tonight. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Kizzie said...

Woo Hoo! I hope it keeps working for you!

I don't know what I would do if my boys slept less than 12 hours a night. So I really hope she'll start sleeping better for you!

Love you!